Two In The Shirt

Sunday, January 3, 2010

iGetMuzik Interview - Yelawolf

"Trunk Muzik" just dropped a few days ago so
I had a chance to catch up with Yelawolf...



www.myspace.com/yelawolf
www.twitter.com/yelawolf

How did you acquire the name “Yelawolf”?

Its Native American - came from life and living. Yelas the color of fire, the sun, light, life, hunger, and wolf represents my fearlessness to survive in the world .. I'm a pack leader.

When did you start rapping and has it been something you've always wanted to pursue?

I started writing in the 5th grade in Nashville. I was raised on the paper - I didn't pursue it professionally till 02.

You have a very unique flow and delivery – what are your influences?

Classic rock inspires my melody and concepts...the flow and delivery really depends entirely on the music.. So many rappers have inspired me in the past - My "flow" is lawless. I just try to be an instrument with words.

What are your thoughts on your newly released mixtape “Trunk Muzik?”

TrunkMuzik is gonna get a lot of people slapped, physically and metaphorically - I'm proud of that. Its about time hip hop had another project that people really f-ckin love or really f-ckin hate. TrunkMuzik has accountability - It speaks for people .. GITCHEESUMM!!!!

Who are some of the artist you would like to work with in the future?

No wish list, just want to make great muzik with great people - taking one record at a time! We'll always consider artist for the sake of the song not for the sake of they're name or fame.

Last words?

"womperjawed" : pronounced wom/per/jawed - to sit crooked, a disposition, to be off balanced. Example: I seen oh boy's chevy lookin beat up... Look like he hit a deer or sum'...shiiiddd... His bumper was womperjawed like a mugg.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=aabe37cbbf9ac9ba559f56f4b0b3329a ss_blog_claim=aabe37cbbf9ac9ba559f56f4b0b3329a